What you’ll need
For the Curry Sauce
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 small shallots, finely diced
- 1 apple, peeled, cored & diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp medium curry powder
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 1tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- ½tsp tomato purée
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp fish stock paste
- 17oz water
For the Chips
- 28oz Potatoes – washed
- 4tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 1tbsp Fresh Thyme – Chopped
- 1tbsp Fresh Oregano – Chopped
For the Mushy Peas
- 7oz Frozen Peas
- 0.7oz melted butter
- 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 3 tsp Fresh Tarragon – Chopped
- 3 tsp Fresh Mint – Chopped
Cooking time1 hour
How to make it
To make the curry sauce
- In a sauce pan on a medium heat heat the oil & shallots until soft.
- Add garlic, ginger & apple & sweat for 2-3mins.
- Add tomato puree , curry powder & flour stir well.
- Add water & stock paste, and stir.
- Simmer for 10mins.
- Liquidize slightly with a hand blender making sure to retain some texture.
To make the chips
- Roughly cut the unpeeled potatoes into chunky chips, leave to soak in water for 10 minutes
- Drain the chips well
- Mix chips with extra virgin rapeseed oil, (oregano & thyme can be dried) & season.
- Bake in the oven at 390° fan on baking tray for 25-30 mins.
To make the mushy peas
- Add peas to a pan of boiling water, bring back to boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain well, then place in a food processor or blender.
- Add melted butter, vinegar, chopped tarragon & mint process briefly making sure to retain some texture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy with our Wild Caught 2 Cod Fillets in our Beer Batter and a wedge of lemon.